Watching the world cup and enjoying it! I realized that for some reason I don't seem to have many (if any) girlfriends that are really into sports and watching sports like I am. Kind of sad because I'll be all alone when watching sport games. Or I'll be surrounded by primarily guys.
Most of the girls I know prefer watching dramas and reality shows. Now don't get me wrong, sometimes I like watching them. But when the the Olympics or World Cup is broadcasting, those other shows can all take a backseat. There is something called Hulu for them. For sport games....watching replays online is...well...boring because you can easily know the results. Watching live is so much more exciting.
I love my husband so much since he's really into sports among other things. Many wives would complain about their husbands watching NBA playoffs and FIFA world cup soccer matches but I don't mind. I'll gladly join Umar in watching the games. Plus it gives us something else that we have in common and can talk to each other about. Can you imagine a conversation about America's Next Top Model between us?
The only sports I won't watch are football (well sometimes but I don't find it too exciting) and baseball/softball because face it....it's BORING. I'm serious. If I had married someone who wasn't into sports, I would be the "guy" and he would be the "girl." I guess it's because I was somewhat a tomboy while growing up.
Too bad the Celtics lost the finals last night. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment