I got this email from the recruitment director for Teach For Malaysia to apply for a 2-year fellowship program. I was pretty surprised to receive it since I wasn't aware the Education Malaysian Department of the Malaysian Embassy had me on record, or that they had records of my education at RIT. After all, it's not like I have to report to a sponsor like JPA and send my grades to anyone but my family. I don't know if I want to apply for the 2-year leadership development program.
It is pretty ironic since they're asking for teachers in Malaysia and I have NEVER experienced the Malaysian school system. It would be completely alien to me. I know the role of teachers in the US but I have no idea how the role of teachers is like in Malaysia. Not to mention, I can't speak BM 100% fluently without silly mistakes. It would be hard for me to communicate to students. Teaching is scary enough when everyone can understand the same language! Imagine me teaching in BM and the students not understanding and laughing at me!!! :(
All I can say is that I'm flattered to receive the opportunity. Too bad I don't think I can go for it.
Maybe if I'm desperate for a job.
1 comment:
you can be the english teacher perhaps.no need to speak Bm ;)
Post a Comment