Friday, November 4, 2011

Weening from Breastfeeding

I know that in my recent previous post I had been wondering about being able to breastfeed both Ruqaiya and the new baby.  Unfortunately, my milk has now stop (for some pregnant women it doesn't and others it does at different times during pregnancy) and it's painful when Ruqaiya tries to nurse.  I end up twisting my feet together in pain.  So I'm pretty much forced to ween her off. 

It's been 2 days since I've last nursed her.  During the day it's somewhat okay.  The tough part is at night because now we must find a new way for Ruqaiya to fall asleep.  I've looked at several sites and forums for tips. Here are 2 articles that I found to be reassuring for us mothers during the process.

Parents article

http://howtoweanfrombreastfeeding.com/

It's not instructions for a step by step process, but I found them helpful.

No comments: