Unlike a lot of people I didn't grow up eating peanut butter jelly sandwiches for my school lunch. Frankly, I didn't like peanut butter at all. Crunchy, extra crunchy or creamy, I have a hard time consuming it. However, under this food supplement program I have with my daughter, I get a jar of peanut butter every month. Umar the husband is the only one who eats it for breakfast but the jars keep accumulating faster than he can finish them. So what to do with all these jars of peanut butter?
Make cookies of course! I may not like peanut butter, but I don't mind them in cookies. I found this recipe online, but I made so many of my own modifications that I may as well say I made my own. Needless to say, we love it! They don't last very long in our house. For those interested, the recipe is below (with some of my own personal comments).
One batch makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream the butter, both sugars and both peanut butters together until smooth. The amount of peanut butter or the ratio can be changed to your desire. Crunchy peanut butter gives you delicious peanut pieces while creamy gives a stronger flavor and smoother texture that keeps the cookie from falling apart.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl, then add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture.
5. Mix in chopped oats and chocolate chips. I actually took old fashioned oats/rolled oats and chopped them up with a chopper but a blender can be used. What I usually do is chop them so that half of the oats are coarsely chopped and the other half is fine to medium. How chopped up the oats are will change the texture of the cookies.
6. Roll the dough into balls and slightly flatten with palm. Place each about 2-3 inches apart on cookie sheet. They kind of look like begedil (shape-wised).
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from baking sheet. The more creamy peanut butter added the longer it'll take to bake.
8. ENJOY! ENJOY!

No comments:
Post a Comment