I really hate that my apartment is so old. With old apartments you have drafts, dust, surprise bugs coming from cracks, broken locks, sticky doors, creaky floors, old inefficient kitchen appliances and bad plumbing.
I don't mind the drafts so much because I can just turn up the heat, which is already included as part of the rent. Dust and bugs are no big deal to get rid off. The broken locks and doors are dealable but the creaky floors are super annoying because they're so darn loud. We already got the downstairs neighbor complain about us walking early in the morning for prayer once. Religious duty comes first. Not to mention I would like to complain about them talking and arguing too loud. Honestly, the floors are thinner than the walls. I don't want to eavesdrop into their conversations hough thankfully it's just mumbles. But I don't want Ruqaiya hearing curse words when they're arguing and yelling.
The oven and stove in the apartment is annoying. The stovetop is so small and cramp. It's hard to fit all the pots and pans when cooking multiple things. Not to mention it can't even properly boil water! Our water gets hot enough to start steaming but not the nice rolling boil that would cook pasta and dumplings properly. I'm also annoyed at the oven. The temperatures don't seem right. Normally I would bake my cheesecake for 45 minutes but with this oven it takes twice as long. So does my casseroles and other cakes. Sometimes 1 hour sometimes 75 minutes. It's not consistent.
What I really hate about the apartment is the plumbing. The hot water is too hot. You just turn on the hot water only and it's like boiling water comes out. Seriously, you can see the steam coming off the stream of water. I almost burned myself touching the faucet. Also, the whole plumbing system in all of the apartments are connected. You know what that means. If someone in D1 flushes, the nice warm shower running in D2 turns scalding hot or frigid cold. If I turn on the kitchen sink, the running water temperature in another apartment will change. What am I supposed to do?! Knock on every apartment door and tell them "Don't turn on the water or use the toilet I'm taking a shower?!" So horrible. I almost got burned once or twice in the shower. For Ruqaiya I usually fill a large bucket with warm water and use that to pour over her for her bath. I don't want her to deal with the iffy water temperatures. It's already hard enough to get the right combination to fill the bucket. Don't want it from the faucet and then someone decides to flush. My poor baby!
Can't wait to move out! I want to move to a new city and a new place.
No comments:
Post a Comment